SOUTHINGTON - A local man has pleaded not guilty to charges he stalked a woman he had been ordered to stay away from.
David Forgione, 59, of 676 Mulberry St., was ordered on Wednesday, in Bristol Superior Court, to enter into an inpatient drug treatment program, should he post his $200,000 bail. He has been held on bond since his latest arrest, on Jan. 13.
The order for Forgione to get drug treatment was made at the request of his family, who court officials say is planning to bail him out soon. During Wednesday’s hearing, he pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree stalking, third-degree assault, second-degree threatening, violation of a protective order and second-degree breach of peace, among other charges.
When Forgione was arrested on Jan. 13, his wife called police that day and said he had been following her in a vehicle in the area of Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike. The two are in the process of divorcing, and he has been ordered not to contact his wife or go near her because of previous domestic incidents.
The woman said Forgione followed her for about three and a half miles while she essentially drove in a circle. He was arrested later that day.
According to police, Forgione was also arrested on Jan. 10 after allegedly going to his wife’s home and blocking the driveway, preventing her from leaving. Police said this was also a violation of the protective order between the two.
Furthermore, police said, Forgione violated the order again on Jan. 8 and Jan. 2.
On Jan. 2, he allegedly went to his wife’s home after he was arrested the day before for a domestic incident and ordered to stay away from the house.
On Jan. 8, police allege, he sent his wife a text message, in violation of the no-contact order.
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.