BRISTOL - Fulco, DiTommaso, McMahon & Co., P.C., a local certified public accounting firm, was established in Hartford in 1953. Its main office has been located in Newington since 1989.
As a result of a merger with Bert Rouleau, CPA, in Bristol, the firm has had a Bristol office since 1999.
As an IRS-approved electronic filer, it can file tax returns electronically, including both federal and state tax returns.
According to Patrick McMahon, president of the company, “We can also prepare prior year tax returns for you (business and/or individual) as well as amend or correct tax returns that have already been filed.”
The staff maintains its knowledge and skills by attending workshops and seminars in taxes and business topics annually.
The firm focuses on helping individuals, as well as small and medium-sized businesses, become more operationally effective and profitable, and provides assistance with QuickBooks accounting software installation, payroll services and training.
The firm’s services include:
1. Corporate and individual tax preparation and consulting (state and federal), including electronic filing, late filed returns, and out-of-state returns.
2. Estate and business planning, and financial planning, not as a securities salesperson but rather as an unbiased adviser.
3. Sales tax and workers’ compensation audits.
4. Financial statements and assistance with financial applications including mortgages and college financial aid.
5. Assistance for new homeowners and those purchasing rental property for investment.
6. Bookkeeping (weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually) including QuickBooks.
7. Payroll services (weekly, biweekly, monthly).
8. Representing clients with audit/examination and collection issues before the Internal Revenue Service and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, including installment payment arrangements, late filed tax returns, and problem resolution.
9. Business advisory services including succession planning and organizational improvement and small business startup.
10. Preparation of estate tax returns, probate accounting, and assistance with other probate issues.
11. QuickBooks training, installation, and assistance, with Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors on staff.
12. Organizational improvement leading to cost reduction for businesses.
The firm’s clients include restaurants, doctors, attorneys, construction contractors, real estate developers and agents, independent contractors, municipal agencies and other small businesses.
“We provide independent advice and do not sell financial products (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) or insurance products. We are prepared to advise you on the new tax law. We can assist with your tax issues as well as accounting and business decisions. Call us to make an appointment,” said McMahon.
Both the Newington and Bristol offices are open year-round.
The Newington office is open Monday through Friday, with a more limited off-season schedule in Bristol.
The main office is at 365 Willard Ave., Suite 2-G, Newington, CT 06111-2378. To make an appointment, call 860-667-0105.
The Bristol office is at 225 North Main St., Suite 306, Bristol, CT 06010-4993. To make an appointment, call 860-589-1418.
For more information, visit www.fdmcpa.com .
Susan Corica can be reached at 860-973-1802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.