City man arrested for allegedly exposing self, urinating in Bristol McDonald's

Published on Wednesday, 6 February 2019 20:10


BRISTOL — A city man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly exposing himself at the North Main Street McDonald’s and urinating on the floor in front of as many as 30 patrons, including children.

Raymond Meng, 31, of 502 South St., allegedly removed his genitals from his pants and urinated on the floor while he was sitting in one of the booths in the dining area, according to the police report. Several patrons in the restaurant also said it appeared as though he was taking a photo of his penis with his cell phone, the report continued.

Meng faces charges of third-degree criminal mischief, first-degree criminal trespassing, interfering with an officer, second-degree breach of peace and failure to comply with fingerprint requirements.

Police were called to the McDonald’s on North Main Street shortly before 5 p.m. on Tuesday on the report of an exposure incident. An officer found Meng sitting in a booth, with his feet in a puddle of apparent urine, the report said.

Police noted in the report that the fast food restaurant was very busy, with about 20 to 30 people inside, including some children. Staff members had received multiple complaints from customers who said they saw Meng expose himself and urinate on the floor.

According to the report, this McDonald’s location is “inundated with so many complaints in regards to narcotics activity, disturbances from intoxicated persons and overdoses.”

Police said Meng was not cooperate with officers and appeared intoxicated. He allegedly used vulgar language and put his middle finger in front of an officer’s body camera. Meng refused to walk for police, so officers carried him to the back of a cruiser, according to the report. There, he allegedly slammed his head and kicked the inside of the car, so much so that the vehicle’s door “began to bend open,” the report continued.

Once inside a jail cell, the report said, Meng banged his head on the bars, tried to flood the cell and urinated on the floor. He was held overnight and arraigned Wednesday in Bristol Superior Court, where Judge John Cronan said he had pity for the 30 or so people who had to witness Meng’s alleged actions.

Cronan ordered that Meng be held on $10,000 bond. He continued the case until March 8.

Meng has not entered a plea. He has been ordered to stay out of McDonald’s if he posts bail. 
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or

Posted in The Bristol Press, Bristol on Wednesday, 6 February 2019 20:10. Updated: Tuesday, 9 April 2019 14:09.