BRISTOL - No injuries were reported Friday afternoon after a small fire started outside a local house.
Firefighters were called to 56 Rich Lane around 1:30 p.m. on a report of an outdoor furnace catching fire.
Firefighters found the fire had actually originated in fireplace ashes that had been disposed of in a small rubber container. The fire then had spread to some nearby lumber, according to Deputy Fire Chief Mark McCarthy.
The fire was quickly put out and the smoldering material moved away from the house.
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or email@example.com.